Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sore, Yet Satisfied

Snowboarding was fun. It was really hard to get used to at first, expecially the getting up part. But once I got the hang of it, it wasn't all that bad. I still fell on my butt a million and two times, and even ate snow once but that's expected from a first timer right? But I was persistant enough and it all paid off.

I mastered the bunny hill pretty quickly, so Mike decided to take me on one of the harder hills (which was 4 times as big!!). So we go up to the top of the hill and I look over the edge to see a very steep drop! I almost pissed my pants, but once I saw how Mike went down I got enough corage to attempt it myself. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Sometimes things look worst than what they are.

Now I'm hooked and can't wait to go again! I've been looking at cheap board/binding packages online so that I won't have to deal with the uncomfortable and not to mention ugly rental gear. Oh, and we also realized that I'm a goofy boarder instead of a regular. Goofy is where the right foot is the one leading down the hill. I was on a regular board on Sunday, but definitly used it backwards! You just have to get the feel of what the most comfortable way I guess. Well now I'm wiser and will get goofy next time.

My muscles are still sore, but that's okay. I realized that you use a whole lot of muscles in the back that I didn't think would do anything when it came to boarding, but they did and now they're sore. My arms are killing me from pushing myself up. I refused to get up from my knees and insisted on getting up from my butt (which is how Mike did it). I was frustrated that I couldn't do it right away, but I kept trying and refused to let him teach me the "easier" way. I finally got it though, so it's all good!

Like I said, I can't wait to go again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home