Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sore, Yet Satisfied

Snowboarding was fun. It was really hard to get used to at first, expecially the getting up part. But once I got the hang of it, it wasn't all that bad. I still fell on my butt a million and two times, and even ate snow once but that's expected from a first timer right? But I was persistant enough and it all paid off.

I mastered the bunny hill pretty quickly, so Mike decided to take me on one of the harder hills (which was 4 times as big!!). So we go up to the top of the hill and I look over the edge to see a very steep drop! I almost pissed my pants, but once I saw how Mike went down I got enough corage to attempt it myself. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Sometimes things look worst than what they are.

Now I'm hooked and can't wait to go again! I've been looking at cheap board/binding packages online so that I won't have to deal with the uncomfortable and not to mention ugly rental gear. Oh, and we also realized that I'm a goofy boarder instead of a regular. Goofy is where the right foot is the one leading down the hill. I was on a regular board on Sunday, but definitly used it backwards! You just have to get the feel of what the most comfortable way I guess. Well now I'm wiser and will get goofy next time.

My muscles are still sore, but that's okay. I realized that you use a whole lot of muscles in the back that I didn't think would do anything when it came to boarding, but they did and now they're sore. My arms are killing me from pushing myself up. I refused to get up from my knees and insisted on getting up from my butt (which is how Mike did it). I was frustrated that I couldn't do it right away, but I kept trying and refused to let him teach me the "easier" way. I finally got it though, so it's all good!

Like I said, I can't wait to go again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaiti said...

Yep, I have blogginess now, and it's already being gay about pics. Oh well. Sorry you're sore from snow boarding, but at least you don't have to haul yourself to the barn tomorrow. Loves ya!

6:18 PM  
Blogger daniel said...

Great website. Couldn't ask for any more useful info! Thank you :-)
golf equipment orange county

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home