Thursday, December 22, 2005

Smelly Kids, and Wet Dogs

Last night I had to babysit two kids. The older girl was fine, she mostly kept to herself and went to bed at an early time. The little one was another story... She wanted to do this and that, and wouldn't stop pestering me to do things. I painted her nails, but even that was hard to do. Imagine a 4 year old who can't sit still for 3 seconds, now add nail polish to the picture. Not a pretty sight. Then she and I sat down to watch Hercules. That was alright, but she kept kicking me with her icy cold feet (and she smelled like poo). After the movie was over I marched her right upstairs had her brush her teeth and get into bed. Silence after that. Sex and the City was on so I watched that until the parentals came home. Made $40 so I guess dealing with a smelly hyperactive child for 5 hours isn't so bad.


Today, the dog got a bath. He hates baths. But he smelled, so it had to be done. It took a little while but he cooperated. Now he's a clean puppy and running around like a wild rhinoceros squeaking away on his little stuffed monkey toy saying "Hey! Look at me! I'm a wet dog running around at supersonic speed!" Or, at least that is what he would be saying if he could talk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Sad thing is brother, I remember that. And mother does too. You're a terrible babysitter. I'm surprised I'm still alive! Naw, just kidding, you're a wonderful babysitter. Or at least that's what mother says anyway.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home